This delicious gluten free dairy free cranberry bread recipe is a great way to use up fresh (or frozen!) cranberries. It’s got a light and tender bite and is perfectly sweet – and bursting with little bits of tartness thanks to those juicy cranberries. A must-make every fall!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients and Instructions
You’ll find the full list of ingredients and instructions at the bottom of this post in the recipe card, but here are some selected ingredient notes and tips that you may find helpful:
- Cranberries – You can use fresh or frozen cranberries to make this bread. If you use frozen, you do not have to defrost them prior to using.
- Orange zest and juice – Buy a big orange for this, which will give you plenty to zest and to get the quarter cup of juice you’ll need for this recipe. Pro tip: If you don’t have a zester, just use a peeler and try to only peel off the outer orange part – not the white part underneath. Then use a knife to finely chop it into zest.
- Gluten free flour – You can use any gluten free all-purpose flour that measures 1:1 like regular all-purpose flour. A few of my favorite brands for this are King Arthur and Bob’s Red Mill.
And here’s a quick overview of how you’ll make it:
You’ll start by making a faux “buttermilk” by combining almond milk and vinegar. Let that sit for a few minutes.
Then, combine the oil, sugar, brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, and eggs together. Add the almond milk mixture and whisk everything together.
Mix in the dry ingredients – the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Ideally, mix these together in a separate bowl first and then dump into the other bowl – but admittedly, I often skip this step and just toss everything in the bowl at once.
Then fold in the cranberries. Your batter will look like this:
Now pour that into a loaf pan, bake it up, and you’ll have a great loaf of bread ready to dig into!
Here are some common questions that may come up as you prepare this recipe:
Yes. If you’d prefer dried cranberries, use approximately 1 cup of dried instead of 1 ½ cups of fresh cranberries.
Yes. Mix 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tablespoons of orange juice for a glaze that you can use on the bread. Note: double check the ingredients to ensure the powdered sugar is gluten free, as rarely a gluten-containing anti-caking starch is added.
You can! Prepare as directed but portion out into a greased 12-count muffin tin. They will cook much quicker; start checking for doneness around 18-20 minutes.
Sure. Use certified gluten free oat milk (or soy milk) instead of almond milk.
More Gluten Free Cranberry Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try one of these other tasty options:
- Almond flour cranberry muffins – Another great gluten free and dairy free recipe that’s easy to make. Plus, it’s packed with healthy fats from the almond flour.
- Gluten free cranberry upside-down cake – This recipe from Bob’s Red Mill sounds delicious! It would be perfect for a holiday dessert.
- Oatmeal cranberry bars – Another gluten and dairy free recipe, these bars have an oatmeal cookie like crust layered with a sweet cranberry filling. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
- Gluten free cranberry orange cookies – Who doesn’t love that classic combo of cranberry and orange? I like it even better in cookie form!
I hope you enjoy this gluten free dairy free cranberry bread! If you get a chance to try it, I’d love for you to leave a recipe rating or comment below.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cranberry Bread
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tbsp distilled vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a measuring cup, combine the almond milk and vinegar. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice, vanilla, and eggs. Add the almond milk mixture, and whisk together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour this into the wet ingredients in the other bowl, and mix until just combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Pour into the loaf pan, then bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick pulls out clean from the center. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip onto a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!
- If using frozen cranberries, you do not need to thaw them prior to using in this recipe.
- If you’d like, feel free to add ½ cup of chopped nuts (like walnuts or pecans) to this recipe.
Share: What’s your favorite fresh cranberry recipe? If you tried this bread, what did you think?
Feel free to pin this post to save for later! 🙂